A facial cleanser can be your best friend to help you get rid of the everyday dirt and grime buildup on your face. Besides, it cleanses away the dry skin cells too.
When it is about facial cleansers, you can depend on a lot of brands available in the market. But the best way is to make your own natural cleanser at home.
Nature has given us a lot of options for treating our skin. Among those, Aloe Vera is one of the best options. It comes with a lot of benefits for our health, hair, and skin.
Today I’m going to share the procedure of making your homemade facial cleanser using Aloe Vera. This natural cleanser with Aloe Vera is a great way of cleansing your face and getting rid of extra oil, dirt, and grime. Thus you’ll get fresh and soothed skin.
The process to Make Face Cleanser with Aloe Vera
To make a cleanser using Aloe Vera at home, you need some common and easy-to-find ingredients. Below are the ingredients you need.
- ½ cup of Aloe Vera gel (Make sure that the gel is fresh. Take the gel from healthy and fresh Aloe Vera leaves)
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil-based castile soap (I prefer almond one. But you can pick according to your preference or availability)
- ½ cup rose water (the main purpose of using it is reducing the thickness. So, you can take more or less than this amount according to your expected consistency. You can add later too)
- 1 tablespoon of avocado oil, jojoba oil, or any other oil (make sure that the oil is not thick)
- 4-5 drops of tea tree essential oil
- 4-5 drops of chamomile essential oil
- 4-5 drops of lavender essential oil (mainly for fragrance)
- A pump bottle or a squeeze bottle
After you gather all of these, take a mixing bowl. Blend Aloe Vera gel, castile soap, and rose water in the bowl. Take your time and mix properly.
Add the oil and mix again.
Pour the mixture into the squeeze or pump bottle. Add essential oils to it and shake the bottle so that the oils become dissolved in the mixture.
Your mixture is ready.
- You can mix all the ingredients together. But adding one by one ensures a better mix-up.
- If you feel that it is too thick, you can add some rosewater to it. This will reduce the thickness.
- If your skin is sensitive or dry, lower the quantity of essential oil you’re using. A high amount of essential oil is not safe for your skin.
- For a better result, add some (about 1 tablespoon) honey to it. Besides delivering important nutrients, honey keeps bacteria away from the face wash. As a result, the shelf life of the cleanser goes up.
- Store it in a dark bottle and keep the bottle away from direct sunlight if you want to get a longer shelf-life.
Benefits of Using a Homemade Aloe Vera Cleansing Face Wash
Aloe Vera comes with a lot of benefits for your skin. So the Aloe Vera cleanser I’ve talked about will bring a lot of changes to your skin. Below are the benefits you’ll get.
1. It’ll cleanse your skin from the deep to ensure fresh and clean skin.
2. If your skin has irritation or inflammation, this cleanser will reduce that. Aloe Vera removes bacteria and gives you healthy skin.
3. This cleanser provides moisture to your skin. Besides delivering moisture, Aloe Vera helps your skin to grab and lock the moisture from the environment.
4. Aloe Vera cleanser reduces the appearance of acne, wrinkle, fine line, scars, etc.
5. It supplies the necessary hydration for your facial skin and soothes it.
6. It helps to get rid of sunburns easily and quickly without showing any type of side effects.
7. Aloe Vera boosts the natural production of collagen. So, using a natural Aloe Vera cleanser will make fine lines and wrinkles disappear.
8. It treats and removes any fungal or bacterial infection on your face.
Related Article: Elizabeth Arden Superstart Probiotic Cleanser Review
I always suggest going for a natural remedy if there is any. It is a good thing that nature has given a lot of scopes to use things as natural remedies. In most cases, those are easy to afford and make too.
That’s why I’ve shared this great way to make your natural cleanser. Besides cleansing your face, it provides you with some more great benefits too. I hope you can follow this easy process and replace your costly cleanser with a natural one.